Some Advice to Opposition

I'm optimistic, lots of good things happening, but the opposition needs to be careful, my humble contribution, some advice to them:
-Always remind the people of what you have in common with hizballah
-Market the MPs visit to Europe as an effort to defend hizbullah (already done by Annahar newspaper today)
-Market Cardinal Sfeir's visit to the US in the same light (I am sure Mr. Sfeir is shrewd enough to say exactly that after meeting Mr. Bush)
-Welcome Mr. Karami's disclosure to alsharqual awsat newspaper today that he will allow an international observers team headed by ex US-president Jimmy Carter.
-Offer something in return for the above-mentioned
-Keep the movements in the street strictly non-confrontational and fun like the huge human flag of today (which I can't see why hizbullah followers wouldn't join, I would advise the opposition to lure them in), you have to accept that the numbers game is not our strong point.
The points above should be part of a general 4-part strategy:
- Accept that hizballah IS a popular force
- Pursue rapprochement with them
- Isolate the Syrian/Lebanese security aparatus
- Convince the Lebanese people (in the middle) that the opposition is flexible and that it has Lebanon's ultimate benefit at heart
Good luck







<< Home